Brian Goldfain

PhD Student, Georgia Tech





I’m a PhD student studying Robotics in the School of Interactive Computing at Georgia Tech. My advisor is James Rehg. My research interests focus on investigating the perception and control algorithms required to push autonomous ground vehicles to the limits of the hardware. I also develop the AutoRally platform, a high-performance research testbed, and we have a few videos posted on our Youtube channel.

When I’m not working on robots I split my free time between running, playing soccer, cooking, and watching too much TV.

My LinkedIn.


Most Recent

We tracked down our missing Xbee packets months ago, but it took me a while to write this up. We no longer rely on the … (read more…)

An important component of our hardware is a pair of 900MHz XBee radios, one on the robot and the other at our operator control station. We use them as a second communications channel with the robot in … (read more…)

Half of the summer is gone with little research to show. What I do have is a test track for the robot, a second generation robot under development, and full autonomy tests on the horizon for the … (read more…)

This post is a brief account of how to compile a QT GUI as part of a ROS catkin package.

I spent the past week migrating a ROS project to the latest release, (read more…)